Published by the Students of Johns Hopkins since 1896
December 2, 2021

Faulty A/C sets off fire alarms in Charles Commons

By NASH JENKINS | October 2, 2012

Smoke from a faulty air-conditioning unit on the Charles Street side of Charles Commons prompted an evacuation of the building shortly after 4 p.m. today, Sergeant C.H. Benjamin III of Campus Safety & Security said. The evacuation lasted approximately 45 minutes before the building was reopened.

The alarm automatically summons the Baltimore City Fire Department which arrived on the scene shortly after 4. During the 45 minute evacuation, firemen swept the building to make sure it was safe for re-entry. No significant damage has been reported.

Comments powered by Disqus

Please note All comments are eligible for publication in The News-Letter.

News-Letter Special Editions