Jazz bar eyes Hopkins Square
By EVA GURFEIN
Published: November 15th, 2012
Views: 11,257 views

The Ruby Tuesday located in Hopkins Square closed this summer, leaving a vacant space available for rent in the commercially viable complex. The Cordish Company, in charge of leasing for Hopkins Square, has been in conversation with several companies hoping to fill the space, however one likely company is the Java Jazz Bar and Grill.

Situated in the heart of Charles Village, Hopkins Square is located at 3003 North Charles Street. The Square is directly adjacent to the Homewood, the largest Hopkins undergraduate apartment building, accommodating 220 residents.

Cordish emphasizes the complex’s proximity to Hopkins and Union Memorial Hospital as an incentive for businesses to invest in retail space.

According to data provided by Cordish, the space is privy to an average daily traffic count of 22,000, in addition to vehicles. Beyond the foot traffic driven by Hopkins students and affiliates, the surrounding residential area is densely populated. Further demographic overview provided by Cordish indicates that the 2010 population within one mile of the Square was 37,784. The number of households was reported as 15,806.

Despite the reportedly extensive commercial traffic, Ruby Tuesday was forced to vacate the complex due to waning profits. The restaurant opened in the spring of 1999. The Charles Village location was the restaurant chain’s first opening in Baltimore. Ruby Tuesday was an anchor retailer at Hopkins Square, along with FedEx Kinko’s and 7-Eleven, for the past decade prior to closing.

The 4500 square foot space is available for a five-year lease contract, with an option of renewal for an additional five years at a fixed rate.

“We are currently in conversation with several businesses interested in the vacant space,” Bob Waugh, Director of Development for The Cordish Company, said. “Nothing is definite at this time.”

One potential leaser is the Java Jazz Bar and Grill, partly owned by Warriors Group. Warriors Group owns 51 percent of the company; the remaining 49 percent is available for investors. Warriors Group is a veterans advocate group founded by soldiers. This nonprofit organization seeks to assist, foster and promote enterprises that create entrepreneurial and employment opportunities for veterans. One percent of profits from the Java Jazz Bar and Grill would go to supporting this advocacy endeavor.

Sergeant Cornelius Thomas of the United States Army is part of Warriors Group’s team working on launching the new business. Thomas said that although conversations are still preliminary at this time, they hope to finalize contracts to lease the Hopkins Square space in the coming weeks. The owners hope to open Java Jazz Bar and Grill in the first week of January.

According to Thomas, Java Jazz Bar and Grill would be open 24-hours, 7-days a week. They plan to offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner menu items, with breakfast items served at all hours.

The owners aspire to make the Java Jazz Bar and Grill a relaxed environment where students and Charles Village residents alike will want to spend time.

Chelsea Brock, who is a Private First Class in the US Army National Guard, is also the program assistant, representing the mix of entrepreneurship and military service.

“We want people who live in the area to feel comfortable waking up and walking right down to us to grab some breakfast,” Brock said.

To entice students, the owners plan to make free Wifi available to patrons.

“We want students coming here to study with friends and grab some coffee, and then come back later in the night for some dinner and to unwind. A full wine bar and full coffee bar will be available, with over 300 different kinds of hot teas. Our main audience is college students, but also residents. We want to reach the whole community,” Brock said.

The owners plan to host live jazz performances during three shifts each day, as well as regular Karaoke nghts, Open Mic Nights and poetry nights.

Some Hopkins undergraduate students are excited by the possibility of a new eatery and social venue in the area. Many consider the limited selection of restaurants, bars and cafés currently available in Charles Village as a detractor from the Hopkins social scene.

“I think it’s great a new business is opening up. Charles Village needs more options for students. It gets boring going to the same places all the time,” senior Gerrard Clark said.

Java Jazz Bar and Grill’s unique offering of live music furthers the appeal.

“I love live jazz, and would be a huge supporter of any jazz bar to open in the Hopkins area. I know many students who would be thrilled with this addition, and many others who would love to explore a live jazz culture,” Peabody senior Kathryn Ledwell said.

No conclusive decisions have been made regarding the space at this time.

“I met with [the Warriors Group] yesterday,” Waugh said yesterday. “They’re very enthusiastic about the plans but I am still waiting to receive final paperwork before further discussion can be had. We are nowhere near finalizing a deal.”

58 Responses to “Jazz bar eyes Hopkins Square”

1. Guadalupe Donnelly says:

Please be advised… and very careful,, I used to be part of this non profit organization until recently and the founding member Cornelius L. Thomas used my personal information and also forged my name on documents without my consent…as well as another member by the name of Ester Serafin…. Her name was also forged and her personal information used without her consent or permission as well. If you google his name.. you will find that he has an active warrant from Allen Indiana and not only just that he also in 2005 perpetuated a scam at Fort Wayne in Indiana …. It was reported by Fort Wayne newspaper reported is Ron Phillips and the link is http://www.fortwaynereader.com/story.php?uid=539&uid=539
    He had the audacity to tell myself Guadalupe Donnelly and Ester Serafin when we confronted him regarding the unouthorized used of our names, forgery of our names and information without our consent or permission that a software in the computers that are used by him signed our names.. which is not our signature….

• Ester Serafin says:

Guadalupe is lying about Cornelius, I never spoke with her, she is only angry, because of what I heard, she had sex with Cornelius and he never called her back. what I do know of him, that he is a upstanding soldier. if he did commit any crimes, his unit would had acted on it already.

• Guadalupe Donnelly says:

THE PROFILE ESTER SERAFIN is Cornelius Thomas that impersonated her… She is my best friend. She just noticed that her name was fraudulently used to post such a comment… which was no other than Cornelius Thomas

• Hello my name is lavonne miller I had relationship with Thomas for six month I flew back and fourth to Maryland we were engaged I had no idea about him until his wife contacted me through a text measage about two weeks ago Thomas is some where in risk wen Texas his wife is enployed in Texas he swindled Money from me do the tea house I will find him I’m getting close if you need to cobtact me at 9515813940 I’m the latest victim of scams of 2014

2. Guadalupe Donnelly says:

continuation— we meaning myself Guadalupe DOnnelly and Ester Serafin we are in the process of making a police report of the incident. When we attempted to report it to the military base where Cornelius L Thomas is stationed, i spoked with a Sgt Bunnell who was of absolutely no help whatsoever… we even told sGT Bunnell that Cornelius L Thomas has an active warrant out of Allen Indiana and absolutely showed no concern and his tone of voice was mocking. At the end informed me that since the incident did not occurred in the military base they will not be taking any actions whatsoever. From that moment on when i heard that statement from that arrogant Sgt Bunnell my perspective of the military changed in a way. So our tax paying dollars are NOW SPEND IN PROTECTING CRIMINALS that is the message that SGT Bunnell sent to me. I thought that the armed forces was about honor, respect, integrity, courage, morals…now is about dishonor, cowardness, disrespect and protecting CRIMINALS…..

• Bobbi says:

He can be charged by the military for this. You need to go to his commanding officer and go above the sergeant.

• Guadalupe Donnelly says:

Bobby I tried reporting this scum to the military police at Fort Meade and spoke to a Sgt on duty not only was the Sgt totally uninterested that a soldier is committing fraud and bringing disgrace to the uniform and tarnishing the image of the army but told me that if the crime did not happened in the military bade they will NOT take action. In other words the military is protecting this piece of human filth and trash.

3. Declan Smtih says:

Seems our good Cornelius Thomas is at it again, this time he’s setting up in Towson MD, with a venture called Warriors Group. The publicity looks great, the plans are big (I mean huge, grandiose), and if it is for real it would do a lot of good. However, smacks of something not quite reality-based. Now reading your above comments, I see a sort or replay. Either the man is a well-meant dreamer, at best, or a scammer at worst. I hope I am not wronging a good man and if so I heartily apologise in advance. Ok, Thomas come out and give your side of the story.

• Cornelius Thomas says:

This is Cornelius Thomas, I just notice these posting about me, and I can say that Guadalupe Donnelly got mad at me, because I stop talking to her after we meet for the first time. yes we did had sex and I found out that she was crazy. The WARRIORS GROUP IS AN ORGANIZATION THAT HELP VETERANS FINDS JOBS, I can also find such negative posting about the Wounded Warriors Projects, posted by Veterans that didnt get any help from that group, but it dose not mean the group is a con job. This woman only reason to post such lies, is simple I rejected her. and everyone here at Fort Meade knows that. anyway everyone out there, if I was such a criminal like she say’s I will be in jail and out of the military. The thing she talks about is a old traffic case that’s about 15 years old…lol and all government sites end with a .gov or a .org, not a .net

• Guadalupe Donnelly says:

Cornelius, cornelius what are you up to… Trying to cover yourself, you scum bag. Let me tell you something.. and to all the people that may read this… Me and Mr. Cornelius had a relationship… it was NOT casual sex as he calls it…, NO respectable men would divulge something so personal as that.. so that should tell you about his disgusting character…

• Guadalupe Donnelly says:

I hate to bust your bubble, Cornelius Thomas in trying to cheapen the RELATIONSHIP and i will say it again the RELATIONSHIP that we had in the eyes of this forum/comments. It is NOT going to work. Believe me, people already see through your web of lies… and they know you are nothing but a common thief, liar and a scammer, that is not only stealing from innocent victims but defrauding the organization that you built to so call assist veterans, which was nothing but a smoke screen to defraud people. So now you are trying to covert your dirt by TRYING TO DISCREDIT MY REPUTATION… HAHAHA. YOU ARE REALLY LAUGHABLE TO SAY THE LEAST. FOR YOU TO PUT WHAT YOU PUT IN HER IN TRYING TO CHEAPEN THE RELATIONSHIP THAT WE HAD, IT MAKES YOU LOOK GUILTY AS HELL BECAUSE YOU ARE GUILTY…

• lavonne says:

Hello lupe in glad you responded but I could not believe what I was reading about him I shoul have checked him out first he is so sincere.byt I was really shocked when his ai called wife sent me pictures of her and the son I think she is in in these scams with him in wondering if ge is doing akl tgis to supply their needs.I gace contacted the fbi and ither agencies where he us wanted.he is sick but I wished harm in hin at first but me being thechristian I am I prayed for him.I hope he dontt continue down this oath of destructio ath of destruction he needs the lord more than ever because he has problems a money one I believed in the business but I quess he didnt he ggoing to get caught real soon .

• lavonne says:

Cornelious thomas you our to much I cant believe you got me but im going to stay on your ass im very computer literate in going to put you out there the next time you fuck over a woman you will think about it you and your winderful family you our a reject to women of all ethinic backgrounds you our a disgrace to the military I fiqured out why you are married to your spiuse she is an idiot to she has an internet surfing husband she has no controll over you and you are a bipolar narssit sick son of bitch and use the uniform im praying like hell you dont have that sicknesses and is oassing it on im going to get a hiv test because you are a cold piece of work nationwide dick all over state that scary god be on us ladies sides for the lord is my savior and I shall not be intimidated by evil do god bless you sargent Thomas.

4. Paul Milngavie says:

Hi Declan, don’t give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Cornelius Thomas is a classic fraudster. He has people after him all over the place. He works with several others, like a woman called Kela Holmes. God knows how, but he got on to a buddy of mine in Australia and almost took him in. He stops at nothing. His greed is international! His method is to entice a victim with certain offers, sometimes really extravagant ones, and later when he’s got you convinced he asks for a loan or for you to make an investment in his business. Then kiss your money good-bye. believe me, it not what it looks.

• Concerned Citizen says:

KELA HOLMES HAS NEVER WORKED WITH THIS GUY.
      She was offered a job fraudulently by Thomas, or who ever he is, and she left home, moved to MD to work with his Warrior’s Group project. She could not find him when she got there and had to have someone come and get her from MD. She has never met him, nor does she want to. He has tried to contact her, but she was also conned by him and his vision of grandeur. Please be advised that she has NEVER worked with this guy. She gave him some ideas as how to decorate the place, but that was all.

5. paul Milngavie says:

HI again Declan. Thanks update. I looked into the Warriors Group out in Towson MD. A glaringly obvious low-class scam. Frankly, I wonder how such a fool could have swindled anyone. His tactic is to make it seem he is targeting corporate investors. Not surprisingly, no real business person looks twice. Man! Just read the childish trash he passes off as a “business plan” (no offence intended; you figured it out too). Anyway, his cool “corporate” image inspires ordinary decent honest hard-working people to give this criminal their money. He lives high on the hog by stealing the blood, sweat, and tears of others.

6. Guadalupe Donnelly says:

Hi Paul Milngavie.. I almost forgot the name of the famous arrogant good for nothing Sgt that i spoked to is SGT. Bunnell. By the way… Mr.Cornelius Thomas filth of trash has been hiring students from the John Hopkins University with the promise to pay them.. which it will never ever happen. He is a parasite that lives off others …

7. Guadalupe Donnelly says:

By the way Paul you mentioned that there are a lot of people looking for him possibly to serve him with the law suits that they have on him.
    This is where he can be found: Warriors Group
    address: Gate House Building
    7825 York Road
    Towson Maryland 21204
    tel# 443-739-2849

8. Kyzz says:

Ohh now I found out what a man he is! I hear the name Guadalupe Donnelly this is the name of the person,that’s why !

• Guadalupe Donnelly says:

Ok.. Kyzz… what does your comment means? I am Guadalupe Donnelly and i am referring to the founding member of Warrior Group Mr. Cornelius Thomas —a total fake

• Rachel says:

Yes, I filed a police report against him because he forged my signature as well as used all my info’s and reported him to all 3 credit bureaus. He is a sucker, fake, fraud. He is always looking his next victim…..he don’t have any credit cards…..no driver’s license as well………..now anyone don’t want to believe, well go ahead, be a next victim of this ridiculous man, who disgrace to the images of US ARMY.

• E says:

I have recently encountered Mr. Thomas and believe that I may be getting conned which is a huge disappointment as he appears to be so sincere. I’d like to speak with someone who has some insight to share on their past dealings with him. Please respond to this post so that we can arrange communication.

ATTENTION TO KYZZ.
        ON JULY 5,2013 AT 9:13 PM SOMEONE POSTED A COMMENT IMPERSONATING ME. I DID NOT IN ANYWAY OR FORM POSTED SUCH A COMMENT. THE PRIOR POSTINGS BEFORE JULY 5TH, 2013 I POSTED SUCH. FURTHERMORE, I WILL ONCE AGAIN WILL SUGGEST THAT YOU ALL FOLLOW A LINK THAT I POSTED ON FEBRUARY 2, 2013 AND IT WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE ANSWERS THAT YOU SEEK ON THIS CON ARTISTS. KYZZ, I AM TRULY SORRY FOR WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FRIEND. MR. CORNELIUS THOMAS IS A FRAUD THAT HAS NO HONOR OR RESPECT FOR ANYONE. I WAS INITIALLY PART OF THAT ORGANIZATION WHICH ONCE I NOTICED WHAT HE WAS UP TO, I QUIT AND ATTEMPTED TO MAKE POLICE REPORT OF WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE LOCAL POLICE DEPARTMENT BUT MANAGED TO MAKE A REPORT WITH THE FBI REGARDING THE ACTIVITIES OF THIS INDIVIDUAL. I AM IN NO WAY OR FORM INVOLVED IN ANY ACTIVITY INVOLVING THIS ORGANIZATION–I AM NO LONGER AFFILIATED IN ANY WAY OR FORM WITH SUCH A COMPANY FOR QUITE A LONG TIME AGO. IF THIS ASSHOLE CON YOUR FRIEND, HAVE HER MAKE A POLICE REPORT ASAP. IF I CAN BE OF ASSISTANCE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

KYZZ,

THIS IS MY EMAIL ADDRESS: jrivera336@yahoo.com
      please get in contact with me. I am interested in assisting your friend in what this disgusting maggot did to her using my name without my consent and impersonating me which is illegal.

9. SGT Kenneth Kelly says:

It sounds like Guadlupe Donnelly have a personnel thing for Cornelius, I will bet that Cornelius dumped her and she has a bone to pick. I know Cornelius and he is a well known fine soldier who has served his country for over two decades. and there is no law enforcement agency looking for him, because I checked directly.

• Guadalupe Donnelly says:

HEAR THIS… THIS SCUM BAG OF MR. CORNELIUS THOMAS IMPERSONATED MY FRIEND ESTER SERAFIN NAME ON THIS WEBSITE, AS WELL AS OTHER NAMES. HERE IS THE LINK OF THE SCAM HE PERPETUATED AT FORT WAYNE IN INDIANA IN 2005. HERE IS THE LINK FOR ALL TO SEE: http://www.fortwaynereader.com/story.php?uid=539&uid=539

AS YOU CAN SEE ON OTHER PEOPLE THAT HAVE MADE COMMENTS REGARDING MR.CORNELIUS THOMAS SHADY DEALINGS.

AS FAR AS ME HAVING A PERSONAL PROBLEM WITH MR. CORNELIUS THOMAS IS NOT WHAT IS ABOUT… WHAT I AM CONCERN IS THE POTENTIAL VICTIMS OUT THERE THAT HE MAY ENCOUNTER.

AS FAR AS THE COMMENTS MADE BY THE SUCH SGT KENNETH KELLY AND CPT SCOTT IS CORNELIUS THOMAS ONCE AGAIN MAKING FAKE PROFILES… AS FAR AS THE COMMENT THAT CPT SCOTT AKA CORNELIUS THOMAS MADE OF ME REGARDING HAVING A HISTORY OF ATTACKING SOLDIERS REPUTATION ON DATING SITES IS COMPLETELY FALSE AND WITHOUT BASE. MY REPUTATION IS IN GOOD STANDING WITH MANY DEPARTMENTS IN LAW ENFORCEMENT…AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION CORNELIUS THOMAS I AM NOT JUST A POLICE DISPATCHER.LOL. ALL THIS NAMES THAT ARE GIVING MR. CORNELIUS AN OUTSTANDING OVATION OF BEING A DECENT HUMAN BEING AND STAND UP DEDICATED SOLDIER IS THE ONE AND ONLY CORNELIUS THOMAS USING OTHER NAMES… NICE TRY, CORNELIUS BUT IT DID NOT WORK OUT.

• Ok he maybe be a fine model soldier I saw another side of him he is sweet he is just focusing his energy the wrong way but I was married to a marine for twenty years he could be suffering from post traumatic stress but this don’t give him the right to swindle people he had me make wedding arrangements invitations dj. Food brides maids how sad he was already married to an Asian woman and he has a son

• Lupe says:

Lavonnemiller

I know Mr.Cornelius Thomas very well and he us a USER, a FRAUDSTER and a Scumbag. He is NOT suffering from any sort of PTSD and he is absolutely NOT a fine outstanding soldier. He is a dishonor to the uniform and a disrespectful ugly human being. Report him to the Authorities For What He Did To you.

• lavonne says:

10. SGT Kenneth Kelly says:

I also checked her clams of a warrant its a old traffic cause that the State of Indiana has dropped about 10 years ago

• Guadalupe Donnelly says:

SGT KENNETH KELLY IS AKA OUR FAMOUS CORNELIUS THOMAS..LMAO.. IT SHOWS YOU HAVE ZERO IMAGINATION AND YOU ARE DESPERATE, GRABBING AT STRAWS

11. CPT Scott, Ashley says:

I know Cornelius, Our records of him has been nothing but a stand-up dedicated soldier. He served in the first gulf war. has been a great service to his community, unit and country. We have done some back ground on Guadlupe Donnelly and found out she is not that much of a outstanding citizen, she works only as a dispatch for the New Haven Police Department and live at 44 Frank Street, New Haven, CT.also this woman have a history attacking soldiers reputation, we have receive many completes from other military members, she purpose post her profile on military base dating sites to target them. I only put this information out because she felt it was necessary to discredit one of our fine soldiers

• Guadalupe Donnelly says:

THE SO CALL CPT SCOTT IS AKA CORNELIUS THOMAS… NICE TRY BUT YOUR GAME DID NOT WORK OUT

• Guadalupe Donnelly says:

The so call CPT SCOTT, ASHLEY is no other that the so call outstanding scammer, fraudster, of Mr. Cornelius Thomas with a fake profile that he made in an attempt to cover his DIRT. As far as the so call investigation that supposely this clown did on me which is no other than Cornelius thomas pretending to be someone else…my record speaks for itself with non profit organizations that I have been affiliated with that assist military personnel that are deployed. …is clean and I have nothing to hide…I would never betray the respect that I have with our soldiers or break the core of values that I lead my life…I have family serving our country, as well as very dear friends… He has betrayed his brothers and sisters that wear the same uniform as him and has TARGET them. Furthermore the 2nd comment made by this clown with the mentality of a 5 yr old, he has NO clue of what my job entails. ..I’m not just a mere dispatcher. Nice try but it won’t work cornelius….

12. Kyzz says:

He is the man who promise the moon and the stars! and to tell you honestly he used your name to send some money and when My friend tried to check if there is any transaction in the western union,it appeared no transaction from you,and my friend was in real shame at that moment and that was happened las January 2013

13. Kyzz says:

Cornelius Thomas is a great bipolar like ive said he promise the moon and the stars & also promise impossible things,I can prove my accusation to him because my friend is one of her victim,she let her fall in love with him and in the end he just disappeared, and after few months he show up again to do his good sweet words to convince my friend….but this time my friend just ignore him. I tried my luck to track him through google and his name appeared including his business boooooo java and jazz That’s why your name is popular to me because he used your name for his transaction in the western union,he promise my friend to send money by your your name to buy ticket for her trip going to Belize of a Christmas holiday with him,my friend got all her document fix including her visa,and my friend also ask a holiday to her work,for 2 weeks but Cornelius Thomas never show up,and my friend also was fired in her job just to wait mr.thomas……I will ask my friend if she still have her messages from Cornelius which your name was there…..

• Guadalupe Donnelly says:

To: Kyzz, I am so sorry that such a thing happened to your friend at the hands of a man that has no scrupples, or respect for women. I was not aware that Mr.Cornelius Thomas had used my name without my AUTHORIZATION nor was i aware of such. If you friend is able to supply me with a copy of anything that has my name in which Mr. Cornelius Thomas used my name without my authorization, please get in contact with me so that way i can file criminal charges against him.

14. Guadalupe Donnelly says:

To: Kyzz and everyone else on this forum

Mr.Cornelius Thomas also committed fraud involving my friend by the name of Esther. She made a police report of the illegal actions he took involving her name, so she is also a victim as well as myself. When we where both part of that organization, he obtained our information when we filled the forms that we where employees of such. He then in turn used our information without our consent and forged our signatures on legal papers involving the purchase of equipment via credit. A police report was file and it has been reported to the 3 credit card bureaus. If he has used our names on any of his current transactions, we will like to be informed asap so we can take legal actions against Mr.Cornelius Thomas and please if you are a victim file a police report asap

15. E says:

Cornelius is not an upstanding person. He’s a con artist and a dumb one, at that. He doesn’t see the forest for the trees. He’s actually pathetic. If you have common sense, you’ll figure this out. He is compulsively self-sabotaging, so really, all we have to do is stand back and watch him do it to himself. Also, to the person that tries to say that Cornelius’ enemies are dumped ex-girlfriends, you obviously are lying, and possibly lying about your identity. Cornelius is a lonely, petty thief.

16. Guadalupe Donnelly says:

THIS IS FOR CORNELIUS THOMAS, NOW THAT I TOOK YOUR MASK OFF AND EXPOSED YOU FOR THE FAKE THAT YOU ARE.. NOW YOU CALL ME “CRAZY” REALLY…. BUT I AM NOT GOING TO LOWER MY STANDARDS BY CALLING YOU THE NAMES THAT YOU RIGHTFULLY DESERVE. HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF STOLEN VALOR… HMMMMMM

17. Guadalupe Donnelly says:

I WANT TO ALSO CLARIFY AN ALLEGATION THAT MR.CORNELIUS THOMAS MADE CLAIMING THAT I GO ON SO CALL DATING WEBSITE TO SET UP SOLDIERS. THAT IS THE FURTHEST THING THAT I WOULD EVER DO IN THIS LIFE TIME TO ANYONE REGARDLESS OF BEING A SOLDIER OR NOT. I HAVE NUMEROUS FAMILY MEMBERS AS WELL AS FRIENDS THAT ARE CURRENTLY SERVING OUR COUNTRY WITH HONOR. I HAVE MET GREAT PEN PALS ON A SITE THAT UP TO THIS TIME, WE ARE STILL GREAT FRIENDS… FURTHERMORE I HAVE DEDICATED MY SPARE TIME TO SENDING CARE PACKAGES TO SOLDIERS THAT ARE DEPLOYED. THROUGHOUT THE MANY WARS THAT MY BROTHER FOUGHT BECAUSE HE IS A CAREER SOLDIER, I WOULD MAKE SURE HE AND HIS TROOP RECEIVED THEIR CARE PACKAGES AND LETTERS OF SUPPORT AND CARING. I BELIEVE IN HAVING THE BACKS OF OUR SOLDIERS JUST LIKE THEY HAVE OURS AND SENDING THE CARE PACKAGES AND LETTERS OF ENCOURAGEMENT IS MY WAY OF SAYING THANK YOU. MY ONLY FAULT WITH MR.CORNELIUS THOMAS WAS BELIEVING INITIALLY ON HIS WORD AND CARING FOR HIM. BUT EVENTUALLY I FOUND OUT ABOUT THE REAL PERSON THAT HE WAS, WHEN I JOINED THE ORGANIZATION BELIEVING THAT HE HAD THE BEST INTEREST OF SOLDIER.. MY FRIEND ESTER SERAFIN JOINED AS WELL. AFTER WE FOUND OUT WHAT HE WAS DOING, MY FRIEND ESTER SERAFIN AND I LEFT THE ORGANIZATION. I HAVE PROVIDED THE LINK TO WHAT HE DID BACK IN 2005 WITH ANOTHER OF HIS SHADY DEALS AND WAS SUED. MY MAIN OBJECTIVE IS NOT OUT OF MALICE IS TO PREVENT ANYONE ON BECOMING HIS NEXT VICTIMS LIKE MYSELF AND MY FRIEND WHERE. ALL THOSE NAMES THAT HAVE COMMENTED ON MR.CORNELIUS THOMAS GOOD BEHAVIOR ARE FAKE.. THEY WHERE ALL MADE UP BY HIM INCLUDING THE FAKE PROFILE NAME OF ESTER SERAFIN .
    I HOPE THAT YOU CAN ALL SEE THE WEB OF DECEIVE HE IS PERPETUATING.

• Concerned Citizen says:

With Respect to the the ladies that have been damaged, I am writing on behalf of a friend who was conned into moving to the east coast for a job offered by Thomas. Kela Holmes was offered a job by Thomas last year, she moved all her belongings, had a contract and a salary offering from Thomas. When she arrived in Maryland, Thomas was no where to be found. She called, spent the last of her savings and was left in MD homeless and jobless until a friend rescued her. She was devastated because she left her home to pursue a job where she thought she could make a difference. Because of her nature, Kela is a pretty sweet person, and kinda naive to people being fraudulent. She expects that most humans will do the right thing…however, this is not the first time she has gone through a situation like this with a scam artist. KELA HOLMES HAS NEVER WORKED WITH THOMAS, she was scammed by him as well. He seems to prey on pretty, trusting woman. Kela has never seem him in person. Thomas tried to contact her again after some time went by, since then she has found legitimate work, returned to school, and is in a loving relationship with a decent man. Hopefully, women will get wiser to dealing with this Thomas character. I pray for healing for all those effected by his fraudulent activity.

18. Ed says:

WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THESE COMMENTS????

TO: ED SAYS

To answer your question as to what is happening in these comments is that Mr.Cornelius Thomas is NOT what he claims… he is NOT an outstading citizen claiming to benefit our veterans…. he is nothing but a scammer/fraudster that has defrauded many people…. even to the point of using peoples personal information without their knowledge and consent. He has betrayed the trust of the people that believed in his cause which is nothing but a bunch of lies, deception…

19. Another Victim says:

Most of the allegations against Cornelius are true. I did not have a personal relationship with Cornelius. It was strictly business that has been severed due to Cornelius fraudulent acts. Guadalupe, I commend you for having the courage to stand up to this representative(?) of the United States Army and poor excuse of a man. You are not alone. We need to talk, and soon. How can I reach you?

20. Another Victim says:

Guadalupe, I must have overlooked one of your postings with your contact info. I will try to reach you that way. Read the subject line and content very carefully. I want to make sure it’s actually you I have contacted.

21. Latest Fraud Victim says:

Mr. Thomas is a complete fraud. He currently has a warrant in Indiana not only for parking ticket but a second one for a failure to appear on a Battery charge. Check out for yourself- here is the link to Indiana’s Most wanted website- http://www.themostwanted.net/Indiana/Allen/View/489302

The details of what happen to Donnelly are very similar to what has recently happen to me. I do plan to seek action against Mr. Thomas, his fraud scam activity appears to have been going on for a long time and the Army has covered up for his actions as well as provided him ways to jump from state to state defrauding people. The tactics and stories of his lies have not changed while reading this I could relate and know its true because that is exactly what happen with my interactions with Mr. Thomas. Now his is defrauding students in the John Hopkins area promising to pay in 2 weeks but NO ONE has been paid for any work done for Mr. Thomas.

22. Latest Fraud Victim says:

He was also arrest in Georgia in 2009-http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Georgia/Fulton-County-GA/Cornelius-Thomas.63781202.html
    I wish I would have done my research before meeting with Mr. Thomas.

23. Guadalupe Donnelly says:

Finally, the web of lies, deceptions, scams, has finally unravel on the one and only Mr.Cornelius Thomas.. This is a man that claims to be a soldier stationed at the military base of Fort Mead and that he formed such organization to benefit the needs of the soldiers. He is a disgrace not only to himself but to the uniform that he wears representing the UNITED STATES ARMY.. He has disrespected his fellow brothers/sisters within the military and the memories of all that gave their lives for this country. Wearing the Uniform is not just a piece of material that is covers your body… it means living up to a higher standards… It means living up to the seven core of values.. which are LOYALTY, DUTY, RESPECT, SELFLESS SERVICE, HONOR, INTEGRITY AND PERSONAL COURAGE.. Mr. Thomas failed all of them across the board.
    I hate to put it in this words but he is an ABOMINATION and a TOTAL DISGRACE to the UNITED STATES ARMY and to the citizens that he supposed to represent. He has been tarnishing the image of the UNITED STATES ARMY for quite sometime and the Army has allowed this human predator to continue preying on innocent victims instead of dismissing him as a representative of the army.
    To all the individuals that have been victimized please contact me at my email of ladyfire1966@yahoo.com

24. nicole says:

Yeah, I can attest to the fact that Cornelius Thomas is a very unpleasant fellow, to use polite terms. He hangs out in multiple online dating sites and abuses women there if they don’t give him personal information and provide him with pictures of themselves.

25. lavonne says:

This is some crazy stuff call me miss victim of cailfornia 9515813940

26. Lavonne says:

Hello cornelious Thomas how are you your friend Lavonne fr caifornia I know Are reading this how cowardly